SpiritHalloween

Sunday

Halloween Village gets a Ghostbuster

It wouldn't be a Ghostbusters theme in our Halloween Village without a Ghostbuster, so that came next. I found one for $1 at a thrift shop. It was an action toy of Egon from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon show. Our plan was to follow the movies so I had to recolor his hair to black, since they changed it to blond for the cartoon. Some quick work with a Sharpie and all fixed.

Egon was glued to a piece of black card stock so that he would not fall over. Next he needed a backpack and a gun since those were missing in the action figure I bought. A quick look around the internet and I found something that would work. Back to the PaperInside paper modeling blog where they had a not too great full size backpack and gun that would be OK for a Halloween outfit (with some more work and customizing), but scaled down and printed at thumbnail size it was perfect for my model.


See the paper model here: Ghostbusters backpack, this is the same page as the great Ectomobile model below.

Next I added in a picture of Slimer from a Google search, printed onto card stock and glued to a wire stand. For the plasma rays I used thin strips of paper wound around a thin wire. The strips were colored different colors with highlighting markers so that they would glow under black light. I also used a yellow highlighting marker on Slimer to let him glow as well.

When this is placed into the Halloween Village it will look great.